The page you are looking for is unfortunately not available in this language.
Elections to the European Parliament (European elections) will be held in the Member States of the European Union between 23 and 26 May 2019. In the elections, 751 Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) from 28 Member States will be elected for the next five-year term.
The constituency electoral committees have completed the recount of the votes cast in the 2019 parliamentary elections. The confirmed final results are available in the Information and Result Service on the website electionsfinland.fi.
The Ministry for democracy and the rule of law
- The aim is to improve drafting of statutes and the quality of the statutes.
- The Ministry of Justice prepares the fundamental provisions relating to the Constitution and the public administration. These include the laws regulating the competency of the President of the Republic, the Parliament and the Government and their relations.
- The Ministry of Justice functions as the national coordinating body for anti-corruption work in Finland
- International legal assistance is often based on multilateral conventions. It is also regulated through bilateral treaties.
- The EU-related activities and international cooperation conducted by the Ministry of Justice aim to maintain an open, active and safe society where people can be confident that their rights are being respected.