The page you are looking for is unfortunately not available in this language.
Protecting of common values and the rule of law in the EU was the main theme at the informal meeting of justice ministers in Helsinki on 19 July.
Migration, the course of internal security and strengthening of common values and the rule of law will be the key topics as the justice and home affairs ministers of EU member states convene in an informal meeting in Helsinki on 18–19 July.
The Ministry for democracy and the rule of law
- The aim is to improve drafting of statutes and the quality of the statutes.
- The Ministry of Justice prepares the fundamental provisions relating to the Constitution and the public administration. These include the laws regulating the competency of the President of the Republic, the Parliament and the Government and their relations.
- The Ministry of Justice functions as the national coordinating body for anti-corruption work in Finland
- International legal assistance is often based on multilateral conventions. It is also regulated through bilateral treaties.
- The EU-related activities and international cooperation conducted by the Ministry of Justice aim to maintain an open, active and safe society where people can be confident that their rights are being respected.