Advance voting in the elections to the European Parliament begins on Wednesday 15 May. The advance voting period in Finland lasts for a week, so the last day for advance voting is Tuesday 21 May.
Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations publishes a report on strengthening the sense of belonging among multicultural youth in Finland
The Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations (ETNO) has published a report entitled Right to belong – Proposals for strengthening the sense of belonging among multicultural youth in Finnish society. The report proposes measures to support the construction of identity and strengthen the sense of belonging among multicultural youth. The report identifies factors that affect the lives of especially multicultural youth and includes suggestions to strengthen their position.
The Ministry for democracy and the rule of law
- The aim is to improve drafting of statutes and the quality of the statutes.
- The Ministry of Justice prepares the fundamental provisions relating to the Constitution and the public administration. These include the laws regulating the competency of the President of the Republic, the Parliament and the Government and their relations.
- The Ministry of Justice functions as the national coordinating body for anti-corruption work in Finland
- International legal assistance is often based on multilateral conventions. It is also regulated through bilateral treaties.
- The EU-related activities and international cooperation conducted by the Ministry of Justice aim to maintain an open, active and safe society where people can be confident that their rights are being respected.