Project Rainbow Rights Promoting LGBTI Equality in Europe
- Supports the implementation of the legislation on non-discrimination
- Promotes non-discrimination both in Finland and in Baltic countries
The project is implemented between 1.1.2017 and 31.12.2018.
Ministry of Justice of Finland (coordinator of the project)
Our main tasks
Mainstreaming of equality and non-discrimination in Finnish municipalities
- Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities develops together with 5 Finnish pilot municipalities the implementation of equality planning at municipal level.
- Ministry of Justice develops training material on LGBTI equality for professionals in health care and educations sector.
LGBTI awareness-raising at local level
- Seta develops and tests measures and training material to promote LGBTI equality at local level. Also, it promotes the cooperation between NGOs and local actors in five pilot municipalities.
Transnational and cross-border cooperation on LGBTI policy
- Lithuanian Gay League together with project partners promotes the cooperation and mutual learning on LBGTI policies at European level, focusing especially to support the competence and networks of the NGOs and authorities in Baltic countries and Finland.
Tackling multiple discrimination
- Ministry of Justice raises awareness of the different forms of multiple discrimination, and tests tools and methods to combat them.
Project manager Krista Nuutinen, Ministry of Justice, Finland, Unit for Democracy, Language Affairs and Fundamental Rights, krista.nuutinen(a)om.fi, +358 2951 50084
Project coordinator Terhi Aaltonen, Seta, terhi.aaltonen(a)seta.fi, +358 50 3523545
Project coordinator Eduardas Platovas, LGL, edis(a)gay.lt, +370 612 15243
Project specialist Johanna Laaja, Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities, johanna.laaja(a)kuntaliitto.fi, +358 50 563 7103
Project specialist Tikli Oikarinen, Ministry of Justice, Finland, Unit for Democracy, Language Affairs and Fundamental Rights, tikli.oikarinen(a)om.fi, +358 29 515 0003
The Project Rainbow Rights is supported by the Rights, Equality and Citizenship (REC) Programme of the European Union.