The parliamentary elections will be held on 14 April 2019. In the elections, 200 Members of Parliament are elected for a four-year term.
The Ministry for democracy and the rule of law
- The aim is to improve drafting of statutes and the quality of the statutes.
- The Ministry of Justice prepares the fundamental provisions relating to the Constitution and the public administration. These include the laws regulating the competency of the President of the Republic, the Parliament and the Government and their relations.
- The Ministry of Justice functions as the national coordinating body for anti-corruption work in Finland
- International legal assistance is often based on multilateral conventions. It is also regulated through bilateral treaties.
- The EU-related activities and international cooperation conducted by the Ministry of Justice aim to maintain an open, active and safe society where people can be confident that their rights are being respected.