Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations
The Government has appointed the Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations for the next four-year term from 11 February 2016 to 10 February 2020.
The Advisory Board works under the auspices of the Ministry of Justice.
It engages in dialogue with immigrants, ethnic, cultural and religious minorities, public authorities, political parties and NGOs. Through cooperation and discussion, the aim is to build trust and an open Finland.
The Board brings together migration experts from national, regional and local levels ranging from public officials to civil society representatives.
It also forms a network of experts on migration, integration and equality which promotes dialogue between different population groups.
Besides the national Advisory Board, there are seven regional advisory boards for ethnic relations
The work of the regional advisory boards is coordinated by the Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment according to the division below:
- Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations in Southern Finland (Uusimaa, Häme and Southeast Finland)
- Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations in Pirkanmaa and Central Finland
- Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations in Western Finland (Varsinais-Suomi and Satakunta)
- Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations in Eastern Finland (Pohjois-Savo, North Karelia and Etelä-Savo)
- Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations in Ostrobothnia (Ostrobothnia and South Ostrobothnia)
- Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations in Northern Finland (North Ostrobothnia and Kainuu)
- Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations in Lapland