The national Advisory Board for Ethnic Relations
The national level Etno works under the auspices of the Ministry of Justice. Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Justice, Mr. Pekka Timonen chairs the Advisory Board.
The Advisory Board has three vice-chairs: Director General, Mrs. Minna Hulkkonen from the Migration Department of the Ministry of the Interior, Member of Parliament, Mr. Aki Lindén as the Vice-Chair representing parliamentary groups, and Director of the Crisis Centre Monika, Mrs. Natalie Gerbert from MONIKA - Multicultural Women's Association as the Vice-Chair representing immigrants and ethnic minorities.
The members of the national Advisory Board represent:
- Ministry of Justice, Ministry of the Interior, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education and Culture, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- registered associations representing immigrants and ethnic minorities
- registered religious communities
- the Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities
- labour market organisations
- political parties represented in Parliament
- seven regional advisory boards for ethnic relations
Permanent experts may also be appointed to the Advisory Board.